Formed in 1910 as a toy marble manufacturer; within ten years had cornered the world market. A 1936 purchase of the Westite Companies molds helped make their World War II "Children's Dishes" a major success. After the war, sales plummeted and a decision to close was made in 1949; doors closed April 24, 1951. Their well known "Spread Wing Crow over 'A' clutching a bag of marbles is found on most pieces.
|Akro Agate Ribs & Flutes-Scallop Top: Flowerpot 5-1/2". no drain hole. Markings on underside of vase Made in U.S.A. 307S Crow over A||SOLD|
|Akro Agate Stippled Band: Pitcher, Childs. Markings: Crow over A||SOLD|
Formed 1871 in Yorkshire, England, this highly respected glass house focused on domestic trade glass containers. In 1912 they formed a subsidiary " The Crystal Glass Company, Limited which over the next fifty years, produced over 3,200 patterns of innovative designs and shapes. Their Honeycomb pattern is easily confused with Fostoria's American pattern. Since 1975. the company has changed hands a number of times and today produces high quality glass containers for companies like Christian Dior, Yves, St. Laurent, Revlon, and others.
|Bagley Glass Bamboo (3007): Flower Vase, 8" with center insert. This is the scarce larger size with the matching center flower insert which is rarely seen today. There is a tiny chip on the insert itself mentioned only for accuracy.||Available: 1|
|Bagley Glass Jetique: Vase, Handkerchief Posy 3-1/2" with the white 1950's "Polka Dot" decoration, nicely ground bottom rim.||Available: 1|
The Bryce family was involved with eight glass producing companies from 1841-1965 when the last company was sold to Lenox.
|Bryce Brothers, Stem, Cordial, 4-5/8", Unidentified etching on #854 stem||Available: 2|
Formed in 1863 as a cooperative and then re-organized as a stock company in 1867 it rapidly became one of the largest companies in the country, remaining so until 1891 when it joined the U.S. Glass Company association. As Factory "O", it was idled from 1893-1895, most molds and machinery moved to other plants. Repurchased in 1895 it became Central Glass Works and quickly resumed production. From 1895 through 1918, the primary focus was glass for the bar trade. Due to prohibition in 1919, Central purchased all molds and patents to the KRYS-TOL glass process and the pattern "Chippendale". It produced over 400 items from this pattern until selling it in 1929. In 1939 the company was purchased by Imperial Glass Corporation.
Chippendale was produced from 1907-1945 by four different companies resulting in over 500 different items. To avoid confusion, all Chippendale Pattern items have been grouped together under one listing. Click to go to Chippendale
Although KRYS-TOL and "Chippendale" are nowadays synonymous, the first is a glass production process while the latter is a pattern. A number of patterns in addition to Chippendale were made and marked KRYS-TOL. Those patterns are listed under their respective manufacturers. This section deals exclusively with the Chippendale pattern regardless of the producer.
Chippendale was first introduced in 1905 at Ohio Flint Glass Co. by Benjamin W. Jacobs using his patented KRYS-TOL glass production process which used intense heat to produce a brilliance & durability hitherto unknown in the industry. Ohio Flint produced about 300 items before they closed in 1908.
Mr. Jacobs then joined the Jefferson Glass Company who then produced about 75 new items of Chippendale in addition to about 100 items from the Ohio Flint molds. In 1919 when Jefferson sold the process and pattern to Central Glass, the line consisted of about 400 items.
Central expanded the line and enjoyed tremendous success, especially in the International market. In 1929, due to new large import duty taxes, Central sold and shipped the molds to Charles J. Pratt, their agent in England. Mr. Pratt had the glass produced by George Davidson & Company Gateshead, England.
Mr. Davidson eventually purchased the molds and produced the Chippendale pattern until the start of World War II.
|Chippendale Butter, Covered, Dome Shape (T917)||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Candle Holder, 1-Lite, 7", (T310)||Available: 2|
|Chippendale Cologne Bottle with Stopper (T1185)||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Hair Receiver with cover, Marked KRYS-TOL||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Puff Box with cover, large, 4"H x 3-1/2"W, (T1190), Marked KRYS-TOL||Available: 2|
|Chippendale Puff Box with cover, small, 3-1/2"H x 2-3/4"W||Available: 2|
|Chippendale Salt, Individual 7-1/2" two handled, footed (T784) Marked KRYS-TOL||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Sauce Boat & Stand Set (T1137) Boat marked "PAT, FEB 5, 1907 & KRYS-TOL. Stand Marked KRYS-TOL||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Shaker, Aluminum Ring, Glass Top (T750)||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Sugar & Creamer Set , Berry (T930)||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Tray, Large 7-1/2 x 11"||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Tray, Small 2-1/2" x 4-1/2"||Available: 1|
|Chippendale Vase, Celery, Tall, Two handled, 7-1/2" (T60)||Available: 2|
Formed in 1904 as the result of National Glass Company sale of the Indiana, Pa. Northwood Glass Works factory to Thomas Dugan. During 1907-1909, some of their wares were marked with a "Diamond D". In 1913, this company became the Diamond Glass Company. Until recently, items from this company were often attributed to Northwood.
|Dugan Honeycomb and Beads: Bowl, 5-15/16", Collar Base, Candy Ribbon Edge, White ruffles, Carnival on clear||Available: 1|
Started in 1865 as George Duncan and Sons in Pittsburg, Pa., then moved to Washington Pa in 1893 after a disastrous fire. The company was very prosperous and later incorporated as Duncan and Miller Glass Company. The company closed in 1955 with with most of the molds and equipment going to the U.S. Glass Company.
|Duncan Miller Canterbury: Sugar & Creamer Set, 3"||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Canterbury: Vase 4-1/2" H, 6" across top Opalescence||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Canterbury: Stem, Water, 10 oz. (115-pressed)||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Grecian: Cigarette Holder, Footed, 3-3/8", Urn like handles||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Indian Tree: Stem, Goblet 9 oz. (on #5326 Stem blank)||Available: 3|
|Duncan Miller Language of Flowers: Comport, Tall 6", 5-1/2"W, (on Canterbury blank)||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Pall Mall: Ash Tray, Duck, 7", 4-3/4"W||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Pall Mall: Ash Tray, Duck, 4", 2-3/4"W||Available: 2|
|Duncan Miller Pall Mall: Cigarette Box with cover. Wood Duck, 6", 3-3/4x4"W||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Pall Mall: Swan, 7" Open back, polished bottom (middle size) Overall length 8-1/2", Height 6"||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Pall Mall: Swan, 10-1/2" Open back, polished bottom (large size) Overall length 12", Height 10"||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Teardrop: Bowl, Flower, 11-1/2", Flared, footed||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Teardrop: Sugar & Creamer Set, footed, regular||Available: 1|
|Duncan Miller Venetian: Bowl, 8", round||Available: 1|
Formed as Farber Brothers “Krome-Kraft” in 1915 when the two brothers left another brothers “Farberware” company, they focused on producing quality hollow-ware and brass goods. In 1932, the well known metal “clip on – Clip off holder” for glass or china inserts was invented. With the purchase of the Sheffield Silver company in 1935, sterling and silver plate was also used in to produce the holders. In 1965 Farber Brothers Krome-Kraft went out of business. Sheffield Silver continued until 1973 when it was sold to Reed and Barton Silver Company.
|Farber Brothers Stem, Cocktail, 3 oz. 5-3/4" tall, bowl 2" wide, signed||SOLD|
|Farber Brothers Stem, Cocktail, 3 oz.5-3/4" tall, bowl 2" wide, signed||SOLD|
|Farber Brothers Stem, Cocktail, 3 oz. 5-3/4" tall, bowl 2" wide, signed||SOLD|
|Farber Brothers Candy dish, Divided, 3 part, 6-1/2". signed||Available: 1|
|Farber Brothers Krome-Kraft 5040 Shaker Set, a pair of tilted 2-1/2” ball shakers with metal tops and crystal handles mounted in the signed Krome-Kraft Farber Brothers Chromium Clip-on-off holder.||Available: 1|
|Farber Brothers Krome-Kraft 5300 Cocktail Shaker, 14-1/2" Height. Regular party size shaker. Capacity of 2-1/2 quarts. Black composition handle. Hammered Metal design. signed||Available: 1|
|Farber Brothers Krome-Kraft 5454 Condiment Set, Two tilted 3-3/4" oil and vinegar ball bottles with crystal stoppers and handles. Two tilted amber 2-1/2" shakers with metal tops. One handle crystal while other is amber to distinguish salt from pepper.|
Each Cambridge Line 3400 tilt ball container is held in a Chromium Clip-on-off mounting and rests in the insert of the T-handled 8-1/2 x 5-/12" Chromium tray. all signedMixed
|Farber Brothers Krome-Kraft 5743 Butter Dish 8-1/2 x 6" oval chrome tray with knife holder surrounding a removable Heisey "Diamond H" marked two piece Queen Ann covered 6-1/2" lemon dish. The Dolphin Finial cover is decorated with a flower and leaf etching. As pictured in the 1941 Krome-Kraft sales catalogue on page 23. signed||Available: 1|
|Farber Style Stem, Wine, 4-1/2 oz. Farber-Like Wine inserts with 6" tall Chrome holders. 3-1/8" Inserts are by Morgantown, but uncertain who made the holders.||Available: 2|
|Farber Style, Stem, Wine, 4-1/2 oz. Wine inserts with 6" tall Chrome holders. 3-1/8" Inserts are by Morgantown, but uncertain who made the holders.||Available: 1|
|Farber Style, Stem, Wine, 4-1/2 oz. Wine inserts with 6" tall Chrome holders. 3-1/8" Inserts are by Morgantown, but uncertain who made the holders.||Available: 2|
|Farber Style, Cocktail Shaker, 12-1/2". A decorative flowering grape vine design encircles the upper section of this chrome plated all-metal container. There are no markings on this common design shaker.||Available: 1|
|Farber Style, Serving Tray, Farber-Like Two handled 18-1/2" x 12" rectangular. A Stamped design.||Available: 1|
JB. Higbee Glass Company of Bridgeport, Pa. 1907-1918. This company was formed in Bridgeport after the close of the Bryce, Higbee Company continuing using a number of the original molds. In 1908 the Trademark Bee (with H.I.G on the body was introduced. In its 11 years, 28 new designs were introduced. The company mysteriously closed in 1918. Most of the molds were sold and later used (without the Trademark) by New Martinsville, Paden City, L.G. Wright, Mosser, Viking, and Dalzell. L.G. Wright and Mosser sometimes had the glass marked with a redesigned bee which is easily distinguished from the genuine Bee.
|Higbee Colonial: Sherbet, footed. A twenty-eight point star in the foot. First introduced in 1910. The Higbee "Bee" trademark is clearly located in the base.||Available: 2|
A leading Scandinavian glass manufacturer since 1825. Their elegant crystal and innovative designs continue to adorn the tables of Europe & America's leading families.
|Holmegaard Vase, measures 7-1/4" high; 4-1/4" opening at top signed Holmegaard 1959 Per Lutken (designer) on 2" base. Heavily cased gray with polished base.||Available: 1|
This factory which started in Steubenville, Ohio was primarily a glass lighting manufacturer and so produced a few colored items for the domestic market. In 1907 they relocated to Follansbee, W.Va. In 1908 Benjamin W. Jacobs joined the firm, bringing with him the KRYS-TOL glass process and the 'Chippendale' pattern. Jefferson produced a number of patterns using the KRYS-TOL process in addition to the highly successful 'Chippendale' pattern. In 1919, Jefferson returned to its primary lighting product business and sold all KRYS-TOL rights and the 'Chippendale' molds to the Central Glass Company.
Jefferson's early colored glass is often confused with that of other companies. Their fleur-de-lis design is often misidentified to be Heisey's. A number of Jefferson patterns, in addition to 'Chippendale', are marked KRYS-TOL.
Chippendale was produced from 1907-1940 by four different companies resulting in over 500 different items. To avoid confusion, all Chippendale Pattern items have been grouped together under one listing. Click to view Chippendale
|Jefferson Ring and Beads: Creamer, Individual 2-1/2" "STORM LAKE IOWA" (T-1360)||Available: 1|
|Jefferson Fleur-de-Lis (Winged Scroll): Puff Box, No Cover, 3-1/2", footed, with painted Rose. This is the design often mistaken for Heisey||Available: 1|
Formed 1901 in New Martinsville. West Virginia, the company produced a wide range of unique designs and patterns. In 1944 the company was reorganized as the Viking Glass Company which continued until 1986 when it became Dalzell-Viking which closed in 1998. As many of the same patterns and etchings continued to be made under the various names, all New Martinsville, Viking, and Dalzell items are listed together.
|New Martinsville Florentine: (Etch #29) Candle Holder, 2-Lite, round base (#4457 blank), PAIR||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Prelude: Bowl, Fruit, 9", Ruffled, 3-footed, 9" (1003)||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Prelude: Sugar & Creamer Set, footed, Scalloped top (5247)||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Moondrops: Candle Holder, 1-lite 5", "Wings" unknown cutting||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Moondrops: Sugar & Creamer Set, Individual, 2-3/4"||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Radiance: Plate, Salad, 8-1/2", (lite knife marks in center)||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Wild Rose (Etch #30): Relish, 3 part, ruffled edge||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Radiance: Sugar & Creamer Set, Wing handles||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Radiance: Tray, Oval, 10-1/2", Fin tab handles||Available: 1|
|New Martinsville Flame (a.k.a. Squirrel Tail) #415: Candle Holder, 1-Lite 6-1/2", PAIR||Available: 1|
|Viking Princess (5247): Butter, Covered, 8-1/2", Oval, with unidentified cutting||Available: 1|
|Viking Princess (5246): Sandwich Plate, 11", Center handled||Available: 2|
|Viking Scroll Line (1048): Flowerlite Oval Flower bowl , Arch footed. 3" x 6-1/2".||Available: 1|
|Viking Sweetheart Swan: Centerpiece bowl. 11 x 11-1/2" Oval Cobalt Bowl, Crystal Neck and head. Overall length 12-1/2", Height 10-1/2"||Available: 1|
|Viking Sweetheart Swan: Bowl (no candleholder) 5"||Available: 1|
Opened 1916 in Paden City, West Virginia, this company quietly produced elegant quality handmade glassware which was equal to that being made by the more well known glass companies. A management decision in 1949 to acquire American Glass Company strained the company, forcing the closure in 1951.
|Paden City Crow's Foot: Candy with Cover, 7" 3 part with 3 convex sides, Keyhole finial on cover. Sterling Silver overlay design (#412-1/2)||SOLD|
|Paden City Gadroon: Candle Holder, 2-lite with unidentified Rose cutting||Available: 1|
Started in 1888 as A.J. Beatty & Sons in Tiffin, Ohio. Joined the U.S. Glass Company in 1892 becoming "Factory R". Maintaining a very high quality product, the intertwined USG paper label was replaced with a gold Tiffin shield in 1927. Surviving the closure of other member factories, the Tiffin plant became the U.S. Glass headquarters. By 1940, all product was marked with the Tiffin label. In 1955 numerous Duncan & Miller molds were purchased and placed into production until the factory finally closed. From 1958-1980, ownership of the company changed hands many times. The furnaces were shut down May, 1980 outlet store closed October 1984. The final owners, Towle Silversmiths, continued to sell Tiffin stemware through the mail until the early 1990's.
|Tiffin Cerice: Stem, Cocktail, 3 oz. Optic, Beaded Stem (17403)||Available: 8|
|Tiffin Cerice: Stem, Low Sherbet, 6oz. Optic, Beaded Stem (17403)||Available: 6|
|Tiffin Cerice: Vase, Bud, 8"||Available: 1|
|Tiffin Cherokee Rose: Sugar & Creamer Set, with beaded handles (5902)||Available: 1|
|Tiffin Franciscan: Stem, Ice Tea (line #121)||Available: 6|
|Tiffin June Night: Bowl, Center Piece, flared, 12-1/2"||SOLD|
|Tiffin June Night: Bowl, Nut, cupped, 6" (5092)||SOLD|
|Tiffin June Night: Sugar, 3-1/2", flat with beaded handle||Available: 1|
|Tiffin Line 259: Cup, punch||Available: 1|
|Tiffin Queen Astrid: Vase, Bud, 8"||Available: 1|
|Tiffin Modern 17430: Comport, 4-footed (Dichromatic)||Available: 1|
Operating out of Corning, New York from 1895-1900, them moving to Middletown NY. In 1915, a Medal of Honor was awarded the factory for the finest cut glass exhibited at the Panama-Pacific Exposition in San Francisco. Tuthill American Brilliant Cut glass is rarely seen and is held in high esteem. The company closed in 1923.
|Tuthill Loaf Sugar Tray, 7-1/4 x 1-3/4 x 1-1/4". Sawtooth cutting around the upper rim with flower and leaf cuttings on each side and bottom. Marked Tuthill on the base.||Available: 1|
Formed in 1891 as a combine of 15 independent companies; including some of the most prestigious glassmakers of the time. Although each member company retained its own personality, all marketing came through the Pittsburgh headquarters. Surviving the closure of other member factories, the Tiffin plant became the U.S. Glass headquarters. By 1940, all product was marked with the Tiffin label.
|US Glass Co Sheraton G15144 Sugar & Creamer Set with embossed Greek Key pattern filled with gold trim. Clearly marked with the intertwined USG logo embossed in the foot.||Available: 1|
Founded in 1825, widely known for its special commissions for Art Nouveau and Art Deco artists, this Belgium company continues its tradition of producing quality crafted glassware for the upscale export markets.
|Val St. Lambert Bowl 10-1/2", 3 tab handles formed by graceful symmetrical lines in a liquid swirl design. A diamond etched Val St. Lambert signature on polished base||Available: 1|
A Lalique influenced art glass produced in France (1931-60) and in America by the Holophane Glass Company (1935-51). Heisey also produced selected items (1955-57) Holophane used a diamond pencil to hand sign their items with a script Verlys. The French products are normally embossed 'Verlys France' or a script 'A Verlys France'. Items produced by Heisey were marked with a paper label reading "Verlys by Heisey". In 1966 all molds and rights were sold to the Fenton Art Glass Company.
|Verlys Console Bowl, half crescent, square base foot, length 12-3/4" width 3-1/4" height 4-1/4". Satin finish with pair of clear embossed Love Doves on each side. Diamond-point script 'Verlys' signature on the base.||Available: 1|
Started in 1899 in Grapeville, Pa. the company produced a number of quality items in addition to its famous milk glass. The intertwined "WG" trademark was introduced in 1949. After 1982, items were marked with the full "Westmoreland" name. The company closed in 1984.
|Westmoreland Paneled Grape (#1881): Basket, 6-1/2", Oval||Available: 1|
|Westmoreland Paneled Grape (#1881): Pitcher, 32 oz. 9"||Available: 1|
|Westmoreland Thousand Eye: Sugar & Creamer Set, Low Rim||Available: 1|
Last update 18 October 2006
© 2004-2006 cwglass.net - Cat's Whiskers Glass & Antiques - Other Elegant Glass v2